Apply at Consensys Career
ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we’ve built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About DeFi at ConsenSys
ConsenSys aims to be the industry leader in decentralized commerce and finance (“DeFi”) and digital asset space. In that capacity, ConsenSys is building tools and services for consumers to easily access and navigate the decentralized ecosystem.
About the role
ConsenSys is looking for a Technical Lead to help drive the Digital Asset and DeFi efforts.
As Technical Lead, you will be responsible for
- Lead a team building core web applications and innovative smart contracts
- Actively participate in the design and review of the code base and development
- Own the technical feasibility of the platform at all levels of the stack as it scales
- Recruit and develop talented engineers who form strong teams capable of learning and innovating
- Own the timeliness and quality of the code that ships
- Writing excellent code
- 8+ years engineering experience, preferably in scaling consumer apps
- 4+ years experience managing engineering teams with a proven history of shipping code
- Experience with (some) elements of blockchain, cloud computing, virtual machines, distributed computing, parallelization and cryptography
- Ability to analyze security on large scale systems
- Experience with docker, kubernetes, and AWS preferred
- Ability to write clearly on technical topics
- Personal interest in real estate, blockchain, or both
- Relevant degree(s) in Computer Science or related fields
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.